Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Father's arms

These lyrics are running, oh running through my scattered thoughts.  Little bits floating here and there and come to consciousness in random moments.  


I picture a child standing on a ledge and dad standing on the ground with his strong arms out wide waiting to hold on tight in the freefall.  Look into my eyes, precious child of mine!  Trust me, I'm here. I chose you.  I'm not going anywhere.   


Why do I ever doubt you?

You always do what you say You're gonna do

Why do I ever doubt you?

You've caught me every time before

So why does fear try to glue me to the floor?

Looking down from up so high

There's a battle inside my mind

You keep telling me I'm made to fly


I'm gonna jump into your arms, into your arms

I'm gonna give you all of me, everything

I'm never ever looking back

Fixing my eyes on you


I'm gonna jump into your arms, into your arms

Safe when I'm in Your shadow

I'm holding on and You're never letting go


Meet me in the free fall

I know You're faithful

You come and rescue me

Every time



You are trying to face your battles alone and the tears pour down privately and yet you will only show your brave to others.  Share your heart.  I know, you will say, "no one will understand".  I get it, I feel that too.  But I beg you to help me to know that I'm not alone.  This walking alone is going to crush us.  Search for Him with me and I will remind you that He is faithful, He will meet us in the free fall.  Yes, He is even on the bathroom floor with you/me.  And He in bed beside with you/me with the endless tears.   He is our Rescuer.  


Hear Him whisper.....Look at Me.  You are made to fly.  Trust Me.  Jump into My arms.  





Lyrics from Nonah Jump

No comments:

Post a Comment